Bluff City 2017-2018 General and Tryout information
We
will be a team consisting of girls born in 2002 & 2003. There will
be open tryouts and Greg and I will make player selections with the
intention of forming the most competitive team.
BLUFF CITY TRYOUT DATES (Corrected)
- Tuesday, June 6, 6:30-8:15 at Christian Brothers High School
- Thursday, June 8, 6:30-8:15 at Christian Brothers High School
- 3rd Tryout session if needed will be Saturday, June 10, 10:00-11:30am at CBHS.
There will be a brief parent meeting at 6:30 on Tuesday, June 6, while the girls are warming up.
Team plan for next season
First, the expectation is that each
of our players will play high school soccer. Some high schools have
tryouts at the beginning of summer (White Station being one of those) so
please contact your daughter's high school to verify the dates for
tryouts. Greg
and I will offer sessions this summer for our players that want to get
some practice before their school tryouts. These can be individual or
group sessions. Greg and I are committed to helping our players become
the best players they can be. If we have one or all players that want
to get some extra work in this summer we will be happy to help.
One
of our goals for next season will be to get our girls exposure to
college coaches. Wanting to be a college player is certainly not a
requirement to play on this team, but Greg and I are committed to
helping every single player reach the collegiate level if that is their
goal. Some ways we plan on achieving that are:
1)
We have good friends that are college coaches and we know, from them,
the most effective ways to contact coaches at schools that your daughter
may be interested in.
2)
We will be filming our games and using the Hudl app which will make it
easy for each player to produce a "highlight" package to send to
coaches.
3)
Athleticism is a quality that many college coaches look for in players
and we will offer strength and conditioning sessions for our players.
Start of practice and tournaments
Once
our girls finish their high school season, likely mid to late October,
we will begin our team trainings. We will be preparing for the GIT
Showcase tournament which is usually the 2nd weekend in December. After
the GIT, we will take some time off and look to pick back up at some
point in January to prepare for the College Showcase at Mike Rose at the
beginning of Feb. We will look to either travel to 1 college showcase
and/or consider the John Talley Showcase in March.
MSSF League
We will play in the High School A division in the spring season.
State League
We will strongly consider entering the U16 Division I State League.
Team & Player Expectations
I
believe it's very important to have a team of committed and supportive
players. There are many talented girls on our team with multiple
interests and Greg and I understand that there will be conflicts on
occasion. We don't want our players to have to choose soccer as their
only sport but we do expect every girl to take our team serious and to
make their best effort to attend practices and games and to communicate
with us when there are conflicts. Regarding being supportive, my goal
is to have an environment where each girl feels accepted and
appreciated. Soccer is a team sport and no one player is bigger than
the team. Lastly, Greg and I will have high expectations for each
player and we will continually challenge them. The girls on our team
need to be players that like to be challenged and have a positive
attitude and strong work ethic. I want our team and players to be the
best and will try to instill that attitude in the girls.
Cost
I don't have an estimate at this time but Greg and I will strive to provide the very best value around.
It
would be helpful if I can get an idea of what numbers to expect at
tryouts. If you are a new player interested in attending the tryouts,
please feel free to send me an email at jarose17@yahoo.com with any questions you might have or to let me know your daughter will be attending the tryouts.
Thank you,
Justin Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment